Friday, February 12, 2010

WOW! I didn't know that . . . . . . . . . . . And "The Challenge"


Did You Know This?

The Journal of the American College of Nutrition study found that the muscle you lose is replaced by fat. So you really need to keep your muscles working and conditioned.
"A pound of fat takes up 18% MORE space on your body than a pound of muscle does!"
Isn't THAT something!

The Challenge (between Mr.&Mrs.K)
. . . which should have started 'Yesterday'
-or- "Better Late Than Never, . . . !Right!"

After watching Dr. Oz today (Men's Show)
The Dr. Oz Fire Drill
(the link to his page is at the end of this post)

. . . and watching the 3 out-of-shape overweight firemen from Chicago agree to the 2-month diet and exercise program,
we -- *Mr.K & I* --
TOOK OUR WAIST MEASUREMENTS TOGETHER !!! Yikes !!!
I knew that Mr.K's had expanded but he didn't realize by how much and he knew that mine was waaaay out of hand, but I really didn't realize by how much. What a nasty tape measure! It comes from one of those 'handy-person zillion-mile-high-piled-shelves' stores . . . a cheapo tape measure . . .
Surely it can't be accurate! Sigh. It is.

OK, here are the stats, February 11th:
(taken at the 'relaxed' belly button)
Mr.K's waist: 42-3/4 inches
Mrs.K's waist: 45 honk'in, stink'in inches
All those brownies and chocolate chip cookies and pizza and bread and butter and chicken pot pies are right there wrapped around me! (I had not taken my measurements since
I was looking for my wedding dress in
July 2000 -- obviously a huge mistake.)
Imbarazzo!*

Dr. Oz's firemen are supposed to lose
4 inches in 2 months.

We are shooting for this very loss too.
However, I'm certain that neither of us can stick to a purely vegetarian diet which is what these guys are being given (plus their exercise program). I'm much more prone to stick closer to a vegetarian diet but I bet he'll still beat me. But, will he really?

Can We Both Succeed? Sure, Why Not.
But will Mr.K. get more inches off than me? and quicker? We'll see . . . . .
Date for winner of this short-term goal? April 15th
(Perhaps we'll do a measurement or two before then to keep us in line LOL)
I'll keep ya all posted.

Future Goal?
For both of us to get back to our wedding/honeymoon week jeans (2000). Waists were 33.5 in. each. I was in size 10 and 12 jeans and I still have them lovingly tucked away in my bureau drawer waiting for this day. (Might take til the end of summer or longer but I'm going to do this! By gum!)
Ya, Mr.K's a guy, taller and will most likely get there quicker, but I'm determined NOT to let him beat me with this 4 inch challenge. I'll definitely have to get out my zils and the hoola hope, ooops I mean hoop that is against the wall in the garage. Ya, more like 'hope.' LOL How come when I was a kid I could do this thing so many times and over and over ?

_____________________
*Italian for Embarrassment!

Link to Dr. Oz's Fire Drill: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/dr-oz-fire-drill

Note to Self: No more avocados. Sniff '/'

No comments:

Post a Comment