Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm Still Not Hungry . . . Not One Single Bit. HOORAY!

Two years ago I was attending Weight Watchers and did very well on their "Points" system. I recommend it highly. What I learned there has proved most invaluable -- that you can and should eat quite a bit of food during the day -- food that is healthy and has a high fiber content. If you follow the program, you will find that you have trouble fitting all the food in because the fiber keeps you very satisfied.

I don't do fake . . . no artificial sweeteners, no diet sodas, no phony stuff. I looked into those fiber pills, but after reading the side affects decided not to put myself through this. It really is not necessary, an added expense and can cause very uncomfortable and VERY embarrassing movements . . . er moments.

The Doctors Show and Dr. Oz Show have really good information, and there is a lot from Prevention Magazine and other sources that anyone can take notes from. My diet now consists 90% of fresh unprocessed foods. Yes, I'm having to wash a few more things, but it is so worth it.

When the news reports on Haiti come on and I read about the suffering, it really hits me hard. We should all realize just how fortunate we are, here in the US, to be able to purchase wholesome foods of all kinds every month of the year. Imagine this! Kings and queens did not have this huge array available to them not that many years ago. So getting back to basics, more the way the folks in this country ate a century ago should not be a chore nor thought of as unsatisfying.

What if you were starving and no other foods were available? What if there were no (fill in the blanks), but you still could have fresh fruits, whole grains, chicken, fresh vegetables, etc. Wouldn't you be oh so grateful? I keep this in my mind a lot lately.

My desire would be to go vegetarian but I know this won't happen. We do not eat much red meat so I feel that once a week in a small amount won't hurt me at all. The bacon HAS to go away, that's for sure (mostly because of the nitrates). I was eating far too many eggs also and now only have 1 egg, scrambled and poured onto sauteed veggies and onions.

If you saw the huge amount on my plate for breakfast this morning, you'd gack! I was so full afterwards. This carried me for hours too.

My day started with 1/2 a mango, 1/2 cup of coffee and 12 oz. of water. Two hours later I had mega breakast, LOL. This was a LOT of steamed broccoli (no salt, no butter). I love broccoli, so I don't have a need to change/enhance the flavor. Butter used to be added but I'm having either no butter at all, or only a smidge (less than a teaspoon). I sauteed garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms and tomato pieces in a little olive oil and poured the scrambled egg (with just a little milk scrambled in) over it all in a small omelette pan. I sprinkled shredded cheese on top and ground pepper. The veggies made it huge! So you get all this really good-for-you fiber but also an omelette.

Then I added just a few little pieces of pickled herring and a little of that juice it sits in to pat my broccoli in.

I just drank water all day. For supper Mr.K. made ribs (sans honey or sauce of any kind). I gave him back about 1/3 of my piece and gave Sonia (kitty) some because I wasn't really hungry. I had to force myself to eat the rice pilaf and could not touch my salad. I was that full from hours earlier.

The salad was eaten later instead of a snack -- mixed greens, peppers, mushrooms, tomato, a little Feta cheese, mango salsa and a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar and just a tiny drizzle of olive oil.

It is 1:40 am and I'm still stuffed. No thought of extra fruit, no thought of bread or dessert.

This is truly wonderful. The scale is showing very nice progress. Since January 18th I have lost 13 lbs. (18 days)

My biggest challenge? It seems that when the 4 month mark comes up, I tend to start picking on unhealthy choices . . . So that means that come mid-April/beginning of May I will have to see how my mind is operating.

I really need to get some photos up here for "ACCOUNTABILITY."

My hips and backside were a bit achy this morning and all day. So I only walked 1/2 mile. Phooey! But Mr.K. said I should rest my muscles for a day. He brought my glider down from the upstairs closet and set it up in our dining room behind the recliner so that I can use it while watching TV. I was AGHAST that my legs rub together while using this! HORRORS! Even when I had been overweight before, my legs never rubbed together while using my glider.

What another RUDE AWAKENING !!!!! So I've got to get busy on this too along with the walking. Tune in tomorrow to see if I get a full mile or more in. I'm so gung-ho for getting this extra poundage OFF as soon as it's willing to leave! Sunday will be 3 full weeks.

This is all sooooooooo worth it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment